A lifestyle that enlightens your mind and allows you to reach your fullest potential is said to be healthy. ‘Life’ or a living creature consists of 2 parts- tangible (physical features which can be touched such as the body) and intangible ( mental aspects which are untouchable). A healthy lifestyle must focus on nutrition, exercise, hygiene, sleep, and mental health.
- Nutrition– The basic processes of life include organization, metabolism, responsiveness, movements, and reproduction and the body needs a varied diet to execute these processes with great accuracy. What is a perfect diet? A ‘perfect diet’ refers to a comprehensive supplement of proteins, vitamins, minerals, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Current pandemic conditions have to lead to a deficiency of vitamin D which is very important for bones. Calcium is another very important nutrient for bones. The ultimate source of vitamin D is sunlight and the best supplements of calcium are milk and milk products.
- Diet control- But at the same time regulating the food intake is necessary to avoid cardiovascular diseases and obesity.
- Make sure to drink plenty amount of water.
- Exercise– For keeping every cell active, hitting the gym thrice a week or 1 hr of daily workout is highly recommended by experts. Aged people can cut off their workout timing as excessive workouts may lead to severe pain. Gym haters can go for yoga and pranayama.
- Sleep – It is said, ” A beautiful smile and a long sleep are the best cure for anything.” Sleeping is one of the most important parts of the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. A Normal human being should get sleep ranging from 6 hrs to 8 hrs.
- Hygiene– Maintaining good hygiene is equally important. Thus washing your hair every 2-3 days and having a bath daily is something one should add to his / her timetable.
Now nothing would work if your brain is not working properly and if you are not mentally fit. Ignoring mental health is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. For a healthy lifestyle, it is important to keep yourself away from all the negativity and enlighten yourself with an adequate amount of knowledge. The knowledge that has no end, which helps you to liberate yourself and leads to ultimate peace. One should practice meditation daily for keeping oneself calm. Many ignore the importance of being happy and internally satisfied but it is the foundation of a living soul.
So read a lot and keep smiling.